Wish Upon A Dish: Ricotta Corn Cakes

February 1, 2010

Ricotta Corn Cakes

This is the first recipe of my new blog.

I am not sure why I choose this recipe, but it was an easy one to test the waters, so to speak. Enjoy!

Ricotta Corn Cakes
* 2 cups Ricotta
* 1 cup finely chopped green onions
* 2 tbls sugar
* 1 1/2 tsp salt
* 2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
* 3 large eggs
* 2/3 cups yellow cornmeal
* 1/3 cup AP flour
* 2 tbls Olive Oil

Mix ricotta, onions, sugar, salt & pepper. Process corn and eggs until pureed. Add to ricotta mixture. Add cornmeal and flour to bowl.

Heat olive oil in non-stick skillet, spoon a heaping tablespoon mixture into saute pan and fry on both sides until Golden brown on both sides.

I would probably make these large and cook them in my waffle iron next time. A topping of turkey chili, a dollop of lite sour cream and a spoonful of salsa. Great dinner on a cold night.

No comments :