All that time shopping & doing errands.
1. Diner (need substanance)
2. Cablevision (replace 2 TV changers, both broke)
3. Wine Store
4. Bed, Bath & Beyond (platters, plates, stands)
5. Michaels Craft Store (pens, paint, frame screws
6. Lowe's (screen door, coals, safflower seeds)
7. Staples (filler paper, business card holder for my upcoming shows and report covers)
8. Home Depot (for everything else Lowe's didn't have like a replacement Weber grill grate, bamboo rake)
...and in the middle of all that we went to the drive-in bank and post office.....LOL
Whew, what a day!!
I stood in front of my Weber Kettle, held my breath and opened the top......someone up there must owe me something because surprisingly it was in great shape after all that record snow & rain. The new grill grate is closet bound.
I grilled my first Rib-eye steak of the year and made skinny frits and finished up the green beans from the night before. Nothing smells better than a lit grill. I love grilled foods over charcoal. I'm just not into propane.
Tonight I am making a fav from Andrew Carmellini's cookbook.....Rigatoni Pugliese which uses pureed Chickpeas as the sauce with hot Italian sausage.
I seem to be making "comfort food" dishes lately. I sense the end of cold weather & trying to get in as many as I can before it's too hot for the oven.