No, I don't mean a pantry meal, I mean an EASY BUTTON meal.
I made Ina's Szechuan Noodles in the afternoon and threw some scallops in my Teriyaki marinade right before we both went for a haircut. When we got home I threw the scallops in a hot pan to sear, The Nudge opened a dry Riesling and Dinner was Served. It was good. I haven't used that marinade in a few years and I forgot how good it really is. Use it sparingly, it is potent. A mere 30 minutes on a soft protein is sufficient.
Makes about 1 cup
* 1" piece of ginger root, minced
* 1 large clove garlic, minced
* 2 scallions, sliced green and white parts
* 6 tablespoons tamari
* 1/4 cup mirin or sake or sherry
* 3 tablespoons dark sesame oil
* 2 tablespoons maple syrup or sugar
1. Place all ingredients in an air-tight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 months.