Wish Upon A Dish: I learn something new everyday...

September 9, 2010

I learn something new everyday...

...today it was about a new sweetener. I stumbled on a blog written by a woman who had gastric bypass surgery. She lost a total of 200 pounds and she started a blog right after recovery and as she learned what she could or could not eat, she helped quite a few people.

I always check all the side bars for links and information, not just for the recipes, and I saw this link for a sweetener I never heard of before....Whey Low.
Whole Foods carries it but I never really looked at their sugar section because besides Agave I just reach for the Splendas at BJ's.

She says Splenda is great for using in preparation of cold foods, not for baking.
OK I buy that, but I have used it for cheesecakes and crumbles and never noticed an off taste but I am willing to give this a try.

Many reasons: It is a one:one ratio, they have a GOLD (brown sugar equivalent), packets for coffee, a powdered one, a maple flavored one, one made for making ice creams (Yay) and a Type D for diabetics. You have to go to their SITE and check it out. I am ordering the sampler which is 2lb packs of all 6 at a great price. I probably will still use the Splenda for cold foods uses but you can never have too much of a great thing.

I have so much to learn and I love surfing and finding other blogs devoted to Diabetics or weight or just eating healthy.

No comments :