Wish Upon A Dish: Where does the time go?

September 14, 2010

Where does the time go?

I did not accomplish half of what I wanted to do yesterday. Having The Nudge here until the early afternoon put a crimp on my time.
I had to fold his shirts, then his suit then make him brunch. Before I knew it I had nothing done, it was 2:00 and more than half the day was gone.

I did make the pudding, I started the terrine and washed a ton of pots.

I wanted to head out to run to a few stores. I have to return 3 shirts we bought The Nudge at Kohls. He will only wear Dockers when he can buy them. Problem is Kohls seems to be downsizing their Docker section for cheaper made pants and shirts. When we find them, we buy in bulk. Unfortunately they had different letters on their labels that I thought meant large but I think I need to go to the Dockers site to see what they mean. It seems the 3 shirts we bought with a LGG on the label are fitted and The Nudge felt they were very snug across the back. I have to exchange them and probably get a different brand, which he might not wear.

If I don't get up, shower right away and get dressed to go out, I will not do it at all. I had a bad night and woke up sleepy and all I really wanted was a hot cup of coffee.

Yup, you guessed it.....I am sitting here in my jammies with a hot cup of coffee and a long To Do list.

I will go out tomorrow and finish my list today, clean the house, take out the garbage and go to bed early. Tomorrow I will run to the cleaners, Kohls, Walmart, Shop-Rite, Michaels and Walgreens.


Walmart has these plastic containers I just love. I can fit 2 pounds of flour or grains and they are skinny so they stack like books on my pantry shelf. They have a big one with a handle. The picture shows the style but Walmart sells their brand (same sizes and styles) for half the prices I found online. I bought 2 of the 16-cup capacity ones and 1 large with the handle. At $3.00 each I will be buying 10 more.

Right now I have bins stacked and in rows where I can't see what I have and lately I have been duplicating my purchases. I need to organize my pantry.



On another note, I was thinking about this Chai obsession that everyone seems to have and yesterday while making the Chai pudding I see what the attraction it. The spices are warm spices that smell of comfort, you know like when you walk into the house and Mom just took an apple pie out of the oven.....???
That's the smell of comfort.

Anyways......I was thinking, a Chai ricotta or creme fraiche tart made with an almond crust and topped with spiced roasted pears.

What do you think? I think it sounds wonderful, and I just might make one for Thursday night when The Nudge is due to arrive home.

He will open the door after a long travel day and smell comfort. If it turns out the way I imagine it should, I will post the recipe on Friday.

Have a great day, y'all.

No comments :