Wish Upon A Dish: Candy Corn Parfaits

October 16, 2010

Candy Corn Parfaits

There was 3 different ways to go with this dessert.

1. Make 3 different puddings - Lemon, Orange, Vanilla

2. Make 3 different mousses - Lemon, Orange and Vanilla

3. Make 3 different layers - Lemon Pudding, Orange Mousse and Vanilla Whipped Cream

I decided that I would make 3 different puddings, top it off with a pumpkin sugar cookie and a plastic spider. Not that I couldn't do the other techniques, I just did not have the energy or the time today.

Plus, The Nudge loves pudding. So it was a simple decision.

This is how I made them:

1 box White Chocolate Pudding
1 box Butterscotch Pudding
1 box Lemon Pudding

Make half the lemon pudding according to the directions on the box. Add a squirt of yellow gel coloring.
Make the whole butterscotch and white chocolate one.

Make sure you let the butterscotch pudding form a skin (something you usually do not want) and cool down completely. I did not do that and the white sunk into the orange on one of them.

I crushed 2 cookies and sprinkled the crumbs on top of the parfaits. Serve with additional cookies.

No comments :