Wish Upon A Dish: Big snow came.....now let the shoveling begin

December 27, 2010

Big snow came.....now let the shoveling begin

I want to make sure The Nudge has a good hot breakfast in him before he heads outside to tackle the snow.

The strata that was soaking overnight is what I had in mind.

I put it in a cold oven, set the temp for 350F and set the timer for 1 hour.








An hour later it looked like this. Pretty tasty looking I must say since this is my first ever strata.

We were supposed to go down South Jersey but they got 17" of snow and everything is shut down. We will try to get there tomorrow if we can reschedule his doctor appointments.

Breakfast Strata
makes 4 servings
* 2 cups dried bread cubes
* 1 cup milk/cream
* 3 eggs, beaten
* 1/4 cup minced ham
* 2 tbls minced red onions
* 3 peppadew peppers, minced
* 1 oz grated smoked cheddar cheese, grated on the small side
* salt & pepper
* 2 tbls Romano or Parmesan cheese (for the top)

Butter a small baking dish and add all of the ingredients except the Romano. Cover and place in the refrigerator overnight or at least 4 hours.

Bake for 1 hour. Sprinkle the Romano cheese after you remove it from the oven.


Tonight I am making a huge pot of pasta with the leftover meat sauce from the batch I made for the Pastitsio.

I am also making sour cream rolls, yummy.
I will post that recipe tomorrow with the pics from dinner.

No comments :