Wish Upon A Dish: Cheesy Broccoli and Red Pepper Rosti

January 26, 2011

Cheesy Broccoli and Red Pepper Rosti


Back in September, I created a healthy but very tasty stuffed potato rosti.

When I created this week's menu, I saw the opportunity to make another one, this time with broccoli & cheddar cheese (using the Mexican blend from last night's enchiladas).

The technique is the same so you may want to refer to this post to see the step-by-step pictorial.
I think I did a pretty good job explaining how to make a rosti as healthy as possible.

I suppose I get cravings for crunchy hash brown potatoes because I limit myself to them.
Reason #1 why you should not deny yourself a food you love.
Eat in moderation and you will never binge.

The beauty of this dish is that it is like a potato omelet, the fillings are endless.
Figure one Yukon Gold potato per rosti, so it is easy to portion.

These can be made ahead, separated by sheets of parchment paper, in the fridge for up to 3 days. To soften them slightly, nuke for about 1 minute each. Place the filling on one half of the circle and then fold over to cover. Bake in an oven until the cheese melts.

Serve.

This recipe makes 4 large rosti's but make 2 more potato pancakes and add 6 more ounces of broccoli and you can feed 6 easily.







Cheesy Broccoli and Red Pepper Rosti
makes 4
* 4 Yukon gold potatoes, grated
* 1 cup shredded cheddar
* 2 cups cooked broccoli
* 4 red pepper halves, chopped
* leftover shredded chicken (optional)

Review: These were excellent. Crunchy outside and moist & flavorful inside. The Nudge says it nuked really well for lunch the next day. I forgot the red peppers but they were not missed at all.
I will make these again and I am already thinking of all sorts of great leftovers to fill them with.

No comments :