Wish Upon A Dish: Too sick to cook......

January 27, 2011

Too sick to cook......

I am so sorry that I could not make the Moo Shu Pork for dinner.

All week my throat was scratchy and my nose was runny, but up till today it didn't effect my routine.

I got home from a long day of driving 5 hours and taking my Dad to the doctor's and shopping and just could not even think about cooking.

The Nudge took me out to the Macaroni Grill.

Followers of this blog know how we feel about this specific location.

The fact that on Thursday's their bottles of wine are half-priced (every table had one, and yes, I was spying) had no weight in us going there, we argue that it is the food and the staff.

Just the place you need when you want to be left alone with a good plate of pasta or chicken marsala and just get toasty warm (well, maybe the wine had a little to do with that).

So...even though I did not actually cook the Moo Shu Pork, I will still post the recipe for those of you looking forward to eating this.

Moo Shu Pork
(adapted from Woman's Day Magazine)
makes 12 servings
* 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
* 3 large cloves garlic, minced
* 2 T reduced-sodium soy sauce
* 2 T dark Asian sesame oil
* 1 T. cornstarch
* 1 bag shredded coleslaw mix
* 1/2 bag shredded carrots
* 3/4 pound leftover pork

1. Stir together hoisin, garlic, sesame oil, soy sauce and cornstarch.
2. Saute carrots and coleslaw in a non-tick pan with 2 tsp canola oil.
3. Once they soften, add pork and heat through.
4. Add sauce and toss to coat.
5. Warm tortillas wrapped in foil for 5 minutes.
6. Place 1/2 cup mixture in center of tortillas , top with scallion strips (optional), and roll up.

No comments :