Wish Upon A Dish: Chicken with a Gorgonzola & Sage Sauce

March 16, 2011

Chicken with a Gorgonzola & Sage Sauce

So far this week has been one thing after another.

Bad water hoses prevented me from getting my new washing machine hooked up.
I called the plumber for Friday morning. Might as well get it all replaced and a safety switch put in.

My Dad calls me last night, he went to the hospital with bad pains in his stomach. They do a whole GI series and found a hernia. Not the worst that can happen, even The Nudge has a hernia and has had it since he was 2. They simply push it back in and send them home.

I think I should go visit him, so tomorrow I will take the ride.

Today I have a Dentist appointment to get impressions for my bottom teeth. I won't have time to make dinner when I get home so I prepared the chicken ahead of time.

All I need do is make a bulgur pilaf and throw in some frozen peas. I hate rushing to make dinner and if I can cook a few meals on Sunday I am ahead of the game.

This week is a tough one time-wise. I hate appointments in the middle of the day. I prefer first thing in the AM.

Chicken with a Gorgonzola and Sage Sauce
makes 4
* 4 boneless chicken breasts, pounded even
* 1 T oil + 1 T butter
* 1 T flour
* 1/4 cup dry vermouth
* 1/4 cup chicken stock
* 1/2 cup Gorgonzola cheese
* 1 large shallot, minced
* 4 roasted garlic cloves
* 2 bunches of sage
* 2 large sage leaves, minced
* 1 roasted pepper, sliced
* herbs de Provence
* salt & pepper

Salt & pepper each breast. Sprinkle one side with the herbs de Provence. Dredge in flour and saute in oil & butter. When breasts are browned on both sides (about 3 minutes each side), remove to a platter and tent with foil.
In same pan, drop in the bunches of sage and shallot and saute for 2 minutes.
Add wine and simmer until halved. Remove the sage and add the broth.
Simmer for 4 minutes and add the cheese & minced sage. When the cheese melts add back the breasts and any accumulated juices.


Add pepper, cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes and serve.

No comments :