Wish Upon A Dish: The HUGE benefits of citrus in your diet.....

April 15, 2011

The HUGE benefits of citrus in your diet.....

I get this Email once a month from The Diabetic News site.

Probably like most of us inundated with Emails, I tend to leave it in my In Box unopened until I have time to go back and read it. I never do, and then I delete.

But every once in a while I do read the teasers and something interesting catches my eye. Most of the time it is advertisements for a Diabetic product of some sort.

Today I caught an article on tangerines and the benefits they provide for Diabetics.

Similar to grapefruits, there is a compound in the tangerine that helps in the prevention of Type 2 Diabetes and Metabolic Syndrome.

It was an article worth reading.

I do eat these little cups of grapefruit sections in natural juice every morning. They have expiration dates 1 year away so stock up on them when they are on sale at $1.00 each.
Trust me, I tried buying a bag of ruby red grapefruits, supreming them and portioning them and I saved no money at all and wasted a lot of time.
Just buy them already done.

No comments :