Wish Upon A Dish: Bobby Flay's June Burger of the Month - Greek Burger

June 3, 2011

Bobby Flay's June Burger of the Month - Greek Burger

Every month I try to replicate the Burger of the Month served at Bobby Flay's Burger Palace.

I do it for 2 reasons.

#1 - It gives me a chance to try different burgers because The Nudge likes them plain and I like them with fixins.
#2 - I love Bobby's food and so far his burgers haven't let me down either.

This month is a Greek Burger.
Now, knowing how Bobby feels about burgers, I am making mine with beef not lamb like you might think it would be. He's a big advocate of plain, good ground beef burgers, seasoned only with salt & pepper. Then you add the toppings.

His Greek burger is covered with a mint yogurt sauce and basic Greek salad. The Nudge will love this one.

I have so much mint in my garden right now, it will be nice to use up half of it.

Minted Yogurt Sauce
* 1 cup plain Greek yogurt, drained overnight
* 1 cup loosely packed whole fresh mint leaves plus 2 tablespoons minced
* 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
* 1 garlic clove, pressed
* 1 tsp agave nectar or honey, optional










Greek Salad
* 1 cup sturdy lettuce, chopped fine
* 5-6 grape or cherry tomatoes, chopped
* feta cheese, broken into pieces
* mint, chopped
* olive oil and lemon juice, to taste
* freshly ground pepper & sea salt to taste
* cucumber, diced fine
* 4-5 kalamata olives, minced

Mix all ingredients in a bowl right before serving.



This burger was awesome. The tang, sweetness and creaminess of the yogurt sauce with the crunchy, tart salad made a very refreshing combination on top of a beefy, hot burger. I didn't even miss the cheese and neither did The Nudge.
Next time you have guests, offer them these toppings and see how surprised they will be.

With half the bun or a small whole wheat roll, this burger is so Diabetic friendly.

No comments :