Wish Upon A Dish: Grilled Swordfish w/Lemon, Thyme, Artichoke and Olive Sauce

August 26, 2011

Grilled Swordfish w/Lemon, Thyme, Artichoke and Olive Sauce

The Nudge does not enjoy swordfish, done any way.
I love it, done any way.

I can only order it in restaurants but the ones around here never have it on the menu.

My only option is to cook it while I am home alone.
Since that's about 1x each summer, the decision is....which way to prepare it?

I love lemons, capers, artichoke hearts and olives so I created this wet rub marinade and sauce that fits the bill.

I am pairing this up with a salad of Spring greens simply dressed with olive oil & lemon juice to reiterate the flavors in the sauce.

Any leftovers will make a great filling for a taco, which I will serve to The Nudge when he gets home. Maybe I can convert him.

Even if you do not make the sauce, make this wet rub and make it for any firm fish. It kept the meat moist and flavorful, juicy and very tasty on it's own, so adding the sauce just sent it over the top.

Grilled Swordfish with Lemon Thyme Sauce
makes 2 servings

* 12oz line-caught swordfish steak

Wet rub:
* 6 cloves garlic
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 Serrano pepper, chopped and divided in half
* 1 tablespoon Meyer Lemon Oil or Lemon infused Olive Oil
* 6 Black Peppercorns

Rub marinate over swordfish steaks and place in refrigerator for 2 hours.
Grill outside or on grill pan.
Can broil in oven for 4 minutes on each side.
Sauce:
* 1 red onion , sliced
* Juice of 1 large lemon
* 1/2 cup grainy Dijon mustard
* 1/2 cup Meyer lemon oil
* 6 pitted & sliced Chermoula green olives (or large marinaded green onions from olive bar)(I used Kalamata olives)
* 1 teaspoon capers
* 1/4 cup artichoke hearts
* 1 bay leaf
* 3 sprigs lemon verbena (if possible)(I used lemon zest)
* 3 sprigs thyme
* The other half chopped Serrano pepper
* 1/2 cup white wine.

Boil sauce ingredients until thickened to sauce consistency.
Serve with Swordfish.

This label includes the swordfish with the sauce. I think the serving I put through the calculator was way more then I actually used on my fish, so do not let the fat scare you. It is the olive oil and it is the good fat you want to prevent heart disease.

No comments :