Congratulations to JC, the winner of the Frito Lay Gluten Free Prize Pack!!
Email sent, please contact me with shipping information.
Thank you to all who entered.
The flavor of the potato chips really shines in these cookies. If you want even more chip flavor, process more chips to sprinkle on top of dough before baking.
GF Chocolate & Potato Chip Cookies
Makes about 3 dozen
* 2 cups all-purpose GF baking flour or your favorite blend
* 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum or guar gum
* 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
* 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut
* 1/2 cup canola oil or melted butter (chewy or crisp)
* 2 tablespoon agave nectar
* 1 egg
* 1/2 cup brewed coffee
* 1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla extract
* 1/2 cup miniature milk chocolate chips
* 5 oz Lays Classic Potato Chips (about 4 cups), processed till finely minced but not mealy
1. Process 4 cups of potato chips and weigh till you have 5 ounces (about half the bag). Preheat oven to 350°.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together baking powder, xanthan gum, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Stir in the brown sugar and mix until combined.
3. In separate bowl whisk together the oil (or butter) vanilla extract, agave and 5 tablespoons coffee. Add the wet to the dry, stirring until smooth. If the dough is way too stiff, add more coffee as needed to soften. It is a pretty thick cookie dough. Stir in chips and stir to combine.
4. Drop by the tablespoon onto a sheet pan lined with parchment and bake in a preheated 350° oven on the bottom rack for 15-17 minutes. Remove and cool for 5 minutes and move cookies to a cooling rack. Repeat until all dough is used.
Now for the giveaway...............
The kind folks at Frito-Lay have given me a chance to send one lucky reader the chance to win their own Gluten Free Prize Pack which includes:
One serving tray for chips/dip
One bag each of Lay’s Classic potato chips and Tostitos! Scoops tortilla chips
One copy of Nicole Hunn’s “Gluten Free on a Shoestring”
To enter this giveaway, just leave me a comment telling me what snack food product is your favorite.
Make sure to leave information should I need to contact you.
Open to US residents only, sorry.
Contest ends June 6th.
Frito-Lay will ship the winning pack directly to the winner, who will be chosen by a random generator.
Good Luck to all who enter.