Wish Upon A Dish: Biscoff Cheesecake

October 19, 2012

Biscoff Cheesecake




I admit I did something I do not normally do. I jumped on a food fad. Yes, it's not a real new fad, but new to me and I probably would not have done so, if I did not happen to see a container of it snuggled in where my JIF should have been.

Yes, I am talking about Biscoff spread.

Honest opinion? It's way to sweet for me, sorry. I just can't get over the sweetness.
Way too expensive, OMG mine was almost $8.00. I had heard everyone raving about this product so I made, what was to become a very bad decision and bought a jar. I am a cynic by nature and usually let these fad's play out and fade away as most do, but the reviews sucked me in (I still refuse to make a red velvet anything).

I read the label and it seemed no worse than peanut butter. Could the cookies they use be that sweet? I am truly amazed. So now I have an almost full jar of something I can't eat as a spread, so what to do with it?

Seemed redundant to make a cookie with it, so I made a cheesecake. The texture of the cheesecake was perfectly schmucky. A good New York style one. I bought a can of Hershey's syrup and dribbled a little on the end of a slice.

I have to admit I will not be buying another jar of Biscoff Spread but I might buy the cookies.


Biscoff Cheesecake
makes 1 (9") cheesecake
Filling:
  • 2/3 jar Biscoff Spread
  • (2) 8oz bricks 1/3 less fat cream cheese (room temperature)
  • 3 large eggs (room temperature)
  • 1 cup 4% large curd cottage cheese (room temperature)
  • 1 tablespoon flour
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/3 cup granulated sugar
Crust:
  • 20 shortbread cookies
  • 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
  • 1/4 cup sliced almonds
Instructions:
  1. Preheat oven to 325°. 
  2. Process crust ingredients till it looks like wet sand.
  3. Press into bottom of a 9" spring form pan.
  4. Bake for 11 minutes. Remove and cool totally. Reduce oven temp to 300°.
  5. With a mixer, blend filling until smooth. Pour into cooled crust and bake for 90 minutes. 
  6. Shut off the oven and leave the door open 4" for another hour.
  7. Remove and refrigerate overnight or minimum 8 hours.



No comments :