Wish Upon A Dish: Roasted Sesame Salmon and A Little Help From My Friends

February 19, 2013

Roasted Sesame Salmon and A Little Help From My Friends


Today I am under the weather a bit and it's days like this that I am happy I have a few shortcuts tricks up my sleeve.
Anyone that knows me, knows I guzzle consume lots of Campbells Healthy Request soups for lunch, especially in the winter. Four incentives, taste good, are healthy, lots of coupons and sales. When I can get them for $1.00 a can and I have coupons that take that down to $.75 each, I stock up on them. Then I call my Dad and tell him to get to the store fast.

To keep up with the Jones', they have introduced a line of Skillet Sauces made for (so the package says) Dinner for Two. Sounded perfect for us, so I took my coupon and purchased the Toasted Sesame flavor.
Get this....0 fat, 0 cholesterol, only 330g sodium and 9g carbs. With negligible sugar, only 40 calories per 1/4 cup and no artificial flavors, this was one packaged food that I could wrap my arms around. 

Just so happened I had a 10oz salmon fillet, a steam-in-the-package frozen Asian vegetable blend and fresh Udon noodles.
I will roast the salmon in the sauce, mix the vegetables with the pasta and voila, dinner is served.
Although they say it's a dinner for two, there is enough sauce in the packet for 4 servings.

Although I love my Campbells at lunch, this is one time I don't mind inviting them to dinner.

Review: While the sauce was not nearly as sweet as I thought it would be (which is a good thing), it had lots of flavor and was perfect for the salmon. I did add some shriracha sauce to up the ante. The package recommends chicken but I was glad I tasted it before using and thought it would compliment seafood better. I would highly recommend this as a BBQ sauce for grilled shrimp. As a matter of fact, since The Nudge likes it as much as I do, there will be a new packet in my pantry.


Disclaimer: I was not compensated for this post. My expression and review of this product is just that, mine.

Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments :