Wish Upon A Dish: Meatball Biscuit Sliders ♥ Dinner that can be eaten while you work

March 30, 2015

Meatball Biscuit Sliders ♥ Dinner that can be eaten while you work


I haven't forgotten that my last post was over a week ago, but this time of year my business explodes. It isn't strange to find me eating right where I work and when The Nudge is traveling, I don't leave my work bench until I shut the house for the night. I have no time to plan much of anything so I grab lots of quickies that require almost no cooking and that means foods that are eaten in hand.

Of course, knowing this will happen like clock-work every spring I do think ahead. I make a batch of meatballs that I cook in a homemade sauce and freeze in large plastic containers. Dinner done.
I always have biscuits or rolls in the freezer and basic cold cuts in the cooler drawer. Pestos of all flavors are a great staple to have. It elevates a basic sandwich to another level.

While a pizza could be a good go to, I hate delivery pizza and unless The Nudge picks one up on his way home, you will never see a delivery man of any kind in my driveway.

As you can see, these photos were taken wright were I work (please excuse) but if you are like me and certain weeks are crushers on the dinner plans, maybe these will help you out.

The kids love them and they are so easy to prepare in the oven, in one pan, so no cleanup.

More about the technique than the recipe, they were ooey gooey cheesy sloppy good!!

You will need:
A dozen large meatballs, homemade or store bought
Fresh mozzarella
Marinara sauce,homemade or store bought
Package of biscuits, pop cans or frozen
Pesto, homemade or store bought

Muffin tin, regular or Texas depending on the size of your meatballs (aluminum for easier cleanup)



Ladle marinara sauce into each muffin tin, place a room temperature meatball into each tin and top with a slice of mozzarella cheese. Place in the oven and set the temperature to what is required for baking the biscuits.
In a sheet pan, bake the biscuits as per package directions.
Split baked biscuits in halve and spoon a tablespoon of pesto on to each top.
Spoon the contents of each muffin tin onto the biscuit bottoms, pressing to split the meatballs so they would sit better, place the pesto top over the cheese covered meatball and serve hot.

Any leftovers can be wrapped in plastic wrap and refrigerated. Nuke for 1-2 minutes until cheese melts.

These were so good and while I made three, I could only eat two.
I love that I have found other uses for my muffin tins because I do not make muffins.
This technique can be used for multiple food combinations and I find the Texas-sized muffin pan the most versatile.

Back to the drawing board. I have a dozen plates that must be shipped by Easter.





No comments :