Wish Upon A Dish: Watercress Honey-Mustard Marinaded Chicken Breasts

August 18, 2015

Watercress Honey-Mustard Marinaded Chicken Breasts


I have gotten myself into the very bad habit of printing out a recipe instead of bookmarking them.
Why? Because I can do it while sitting in bed reading on my iPad.

It has become a ritual, that each morning when I finally make an appearance at my desk, I pick up all the printed papers strewn across my rug directly under the wireless printer.
It's not such a bad thing, I get enjoyment twice. Once when I discover a recipe I really want to prepare, and a second time sorting and filing them into piles of "shopping lists" & "this weeks menu".

This recipe was printed almost a year ago, was filed away a year ago and was forgotten a year ago.
TODAY I finally took it's picture and moved that recipe to the published list so that everyone can get the same enjoyment.
Finding, cooking and finally eating.

I think it's time to revisit those files to discover what other gems ended up on my floor and not in my tummy.

Let's get cooking.....

Watercress Honey Mustard Chicken

Serves : 6
* 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
* 1 cup chopped watercress
* 1 tablespoon honey
* 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
* 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
* 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
* 2 teaspoons fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried
* 2 cloves garlic, chopped
* 6 thin boneless chicken breasts
* Salt & pepper to taste

1. Process all the ingredients except the chicken.
2. Pour over the chicken in a zip bag and store in the fridge for as long as it takes to get the grill hot.
3. Grill the chicken about 3 minutes per side.

Notes: Can be frozen for up to 2 months.

Watercress beats kale in nutrition hands down. Yes, that's totally true. Another Super Green to add to your list. Makes a great soup and a wonderful addition to a salad. Used in many fine dining establishments, it has found a place in this home.




No comments :