Wish Upon A Dish: Salmon Mignon Ramen Bowl

October 26, 2016

Salmon Mignon Ramen Bowl


When eating alone I always make fish and chances are it is salmon 95% of the time.
I buy North American Salmon steaks, never frozen, and make 2 Mignon's from one piece.
Takes a little prep time but in my opinion, the only way to eat this particular preparation.

I have tried this recipe on side fillet but it just never works. I think the King Salmon steaks are the right type of salmon and the Mignon is boneless and always the right thickness to cook perfectly on the grill.

To see how these are prepared, check out this post of mine. I believe there is even a YouTube video of how to make salmon Mignon's inspired by Alton Brown.

The marinade is only 4 ingredients and everyone probably has all the ingredients in their pantry.

I admit I always have at least 4 of those dried ramen soup packets in my pantry and was the perfect start to this noodle bowl.

I added asparagus tips, savoy cabbage, carrots & sun-dried red peppers to the soup to steam for 5 minutes. The salmon, I grilled for 5 minutes on each side, but a broiler would work just as well.

Oh, and I took it's picture with my new iPhone. Sorry, I was so hungry and I wanted to eat it hot, so I did an Instagram click and sat down to dinner.

Salmon Marinade
makes enough for 2 steaks & can be doubled/tripled

* 1 tablespoon Coleman's dry mustard
* 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
* 1 tablespoon brown sugar
* 1 teaspoon ground ginger
* 2 tablespoon water

Mix, marinade for an hour & grill 5 minutes per side.

 

No comments :