Wish Upon A Dish: Baked Ham, Brussel Sprouts and Macaroni & Cheese

September 9, 2010

Baked Ham, Brussel Sprouts and Macaroni & Cheese


Must be cool out today.......I actually want to put on the oven.


I grabbed a ham from my pantry, a box of Kraft (yes, that's right), and a box of frozen Brussel Sprouts.

I can eat the ham & the sprouts. The Nudge loves the blue box. I allow him 4 a year. This is the 3rd so far.

The ham recipe is one my sister got from Good Morning America back when Joan Lunden was host. It's so easy and so good.

You make diamond cuts in the top and pop a whole clove into the center of each diamond. Pour 1 cup of beer (save the left-over from the beer can chicken) and bake at 325F, covered, for 35-40 minutes. Uncover and add 1/4 cup maple syrup (or agave, sugar-free pancake syrup or honey), mix that with 2 tbls of Splenda Brown Sugar, up oven to 400F, baste the ham with sauce and return to oven for 30 more minutes, basting every 10.


Remove, slice and serve with sauce.....YUM !!


Every Christmas we would always make a pan of Lasagna or Manicotti, a roast turkey and a baked ham. This way everyone got what they wanted, isn't that what Christmas is all about?

Ever since The Nudge had it he insists I make it that way all the time. It is OK with me because I hate fruit on my ham and it makes a great crust.

No comments :